CS:GO Performance Issues

Hi,

I tried using the gaming package for 2 credits per minute.
It seems like CS:GO is running with 30fps, why is it that bad?
I thought this service would give you a chance to play games on a good gaming hardware??

Regards

If you’re on the Gamer power, you should be able to get 60 FPS.

It still doesnt feel smooth.
I have a 300mbit down and 300mbit up ethernet connection.

Some more information about your situation would be nice as this definitely should not be the case (assuming that everything’s normal).

• What datacenter are you connected to?
  • From where are you connecting?
  • What is your speedtest results to the datacenter location? (specifically look at ping since you have a good connection speed-wise)
  • What are the specifications of the device from which you are trying to connect to?
  • When are you connecting to your datacenter?
  • Does your issue feel like having 30 fps? Use the Steam Overlay’s FPS counter to verify that you aren’t actually getting a low fps?

Apologies if these are a lot of questions but sometimes one needs to be thorough to figure out what is going on, especially when diagnosing.

• What datacenter are you connected to? - Frankfurt
  • From where are you connecting? - Mannheim
  • What is your speedtest results to the datacenter location? (specifically look at ping since you have a good connection speed-wise) 14ms to Frankfurt
  • What are the specifications of the device from which you are trying to connect to? i7 7700HQ, SSD, 16GB Ram, GeForce 940MX
  • When are you connecting to your datacenter? like 7 pm UTC +1
  • Does your issue feel like having 30 fps? Use the Steam Overlay’s FPS counter to verify that you aren’t actually getting a low fps? Does that matter? Its not smooth and feels like 30 fps, but I can verify that later.

(Apologies for the late reply, had some things to do IRL and I’ve been on and off with things)

Well, everything seems to check out with your setup/configuration- the only thing that I can think of currently is the issues that the new streamer has sometimes during peak. During peak (~4PM to 11PM your local time, but it can stretch further since FF is one of the more heavily used datacenters [simply by virtue of geography]) the stream can have jitter issues which may make the stream stutter/feel like it’s running at 30 FPS.

For now the only course of action I recommend is having the stream show stats in the settings menu (click on the LS logo on the top left) and keep an eye on the stats like Jitter. Ideally if you could record a video that’d be awesome as the devs could use some help in fixing this bug (isolating istances of this bug should help in replication/fixing).

Edit: Here’s a support article explaining various stream stats if you’re confused by the various terms on the screen: