Data center location very strange and not logical

Why such a strange location of data centers? Why 3 data center almost at the same point (the Washington DC, Toronto, Montreal)? Why data centers again at one point (Houston, Dallas)? And at the same time, almost the whole of Asia is not covered and South America. In general, servers (including those coming soon) in the United States very much and why?

LiquidSky use IBM's Softlayer servers. You have to ask IBM why they don't have servers in Asia and South America (besides Brazil), not LS.

Why such a strange location of data centers? Why 3 data center almost at the same point (the Washington DC, Toronto, Montreal)? Why data centers again at one point (Houston, Dallas)?

For the same reason I stated before. IBM's servers are there.

But that extra cost ... I do not understand.

The servers in Canada and Houston (blue points) aren't yet LS servers. Only DC has one. Plus the staff recommends being under 500km from the server so it makes sense to put them so "close" (they're still over 500km away from eachother)

In AMA thread @LiquidSkyCo 's Ian was talking about 1700 kms from a server if I can remember that correctly.

Yes you can still get ok latency from that distance but when it comes to sub 30ms latency they still recommend being under 500km of the server.

Hi
Why again Ultra servers full (Frankfurt)? Technical work?