Destiny 2: Forsaken - Thoughts

Hey all, I wanted to know what you all think about Bungie’s latest expansion for Destiny 2, Forsaken now that its been out for a little while. I’ve heard a little bit about the lore and have seen some of the Gambit stuff. But what do you all think?

I’ve been enjoying it, granted I don’t have too much playtime on it - still leveling to 50. The story has been good so far and the gameplay is improved with the weapon system changes.

Sounds good. Im still debating wether or not to get Forsaken, since I do want to get the most complete edition (the $80 one), and kind of want to get an idea of what things I should expect.

Putting on my business hat though, I wouldn’t recommend playing Destiny on any cloud service. Blizzard’s issues with cloud gaming trickles down to Activision. :frowning:

Edit: As far as Foresaken, it’s the best expansion to date.

It doesn’t. Activision EULA hasn’t been updated to reflect those changes. It only affects Blizzard IP games (that has been confirmed by a number of articles)

Im still wondering what the actual logic behind this move is. I cant really understand how people can cheat using cloud services, if im going to be honest.

I’m reaching out to a friend that works at Activision. Let me get a definitive answer, but I don’t see anything in their EULA - so looks okay so far. Maybe I was under the wrong impression.

Yeah, it’s hard to say. Minecraft and Wareframe are two that have banned our IPs. Minecraft said because someone had tried to hack them using our service in the past. Feels to me that is a bit of an excessive reaction. Like banning an entire ISP because one of their customers did something bad.

Honestly, it’s probably because Blizzard wants to break into cloud gaming either on their own, or via a partner so they’re trying to protect their IPs now to make it easier for them in the future.

This is all just my personal speculation.

Yeah, I can agree that’s a little on the extreme side. Still, I could see some of the logic here.

This would be very likely, tbh. There really is no other decent excuse for banning users that play on cloud gaming platforms other than them wanting to promote their own IPs on their own service.

I asked Blizzard over a year ago about Cloud Gaming and was told it was fine. They said since all it did was allow you to play their games it was ok. Said since it didn’t give the player an advantage there was nothing wrong with using something like LiquidSky.

But, who knows what they truly think now. I have messaged them about it again, hopefully I’ll get an answer soon.

As far as Blizzard, their EULA was updated a few months back and can confirm they are handing out bans for people using cloud services. This is directly from their EULA which you can find here.

C. License Limitations. Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

v. Cloud Computing: Use the Platform, including a Game, in connection with any unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services, or any software or service designed to enable the unauthorized streaming or transmission of Game content from a third-party server to any device.

I think that’s the stupidest thing I’ve heard. Banning people for using Cloud Gaming services, something that does nothing extra to give someone a leg up on anyone.

I do notice it says “unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services”. Maybe they are allowing some, maybe LiquidSky needs to find out how to become an authorized one.

Yeah, I think it’s just a matter of them protecting their IPs for when they do partner with someone or announce their own cloud gaming service. Just my personal guess.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.