Sky Credit is deducting eventhough ur not playing

Why is it my sky credit is deducting evebthough im not playing instead im just installing a game in my sky computer? Im installing a game bf1 which takes 3-4 hrs and my sky credit is gone. Why not pre-install all games like other cloud gaming so i will not be charged while installing?

That’s how it works. :slight_smile:
You’re not paying to play, but to use a virtual pc. You can also do video or audio editing, for example. So as soon as the SkyPC starts, credits start to drain. Two suggestions:

1. always launch Gamer plan when you want to install a game (less cost)
  2. if possible (=already installed), play another game while you’re installing. This way, you won’t waste any credits staring at the progress bar. :wink:

Why not make the installation fast or pre installed as what other cloud gaming do. This will save time and money for the customers.

Simply because every single user has his/her own preference. So preinstalled games wouldn’t make much sense, at least not in this environment. Also, LiquidSky don’t hold the copyright of any of these games, so they legally aren’t even allowed to preinstall and offer them to their customers.

It’s really an isolated virtual machine you’re renting, not a centralized gaming platform. As I said above, you could also do video editing. Or, closely related to gaming, you can install pretty much any mod you want, whch wouldn’t be possible on a preinstalled & locked platform.

In addition to what @Xelasarg has said, you are given your own disk space. This allows you to store saved progress for the games that don’t use Steam cloud. I’m playing one of those, and back up my files over to OneDrive.

I subbed on LS Not for videoe editing or what-so-ever but for a real gaming experience. Im frustated about LS performance. I feel i was cheated. This is only one of the many issues i had experience with LS. Another thing is the low bandwidth. I think il wait for the 2 other superior cloud gaming to have servers here in asia. You know whom im referring to. Goodluck!

The bandwidth is fine. Make sure the download server you use is geographically close to the Sky PC. The Tesla M60 GPU is capable of good, but not fantastic performance in this setting. Hopefully, they upgrade that sometime this year. As to the performance, I think the new streamer is to blame. It works fine for some, but has generated many complaints. I think their priority right now is fixing it, hopefully. As to a preinstalled curated game service, hell no. I am never going back to that. Services of this type have enabled me to be a regular Twitch streamer with potato hardware.

Im glad you acknowledged this issues. I believed that LS is not purely for gaming but for other stuff so i accept your statement on pre-installed games. I wish you guys can work hard to address this issues specially the download bandwith. Actually i got an acceptable pings if turned on my vpn. But i dont think so i need to sub and add another burden on my wallet just to address this issues. More power to tou guys and please help us customers to get what we paid for.

Sounds like either a routing issue(may be nothing you can do but you can try pestering your ISP to see if they can send the connection over a different path) or throttling of the protocol and/or ports used for LS. Both are issues to take up with your ISP. You may get lucky and all they would have to do is switch to a less congested peering point. VPNs generally add latency but it is possible you are taking a better route to the VPN server, which has a good route to Liquidsky.

Another idea: are you using a cable modem? If so, what model? Because the Intel Puma 6 chipset does not perform well with this service or many other services of its type due to a flaw in the chipset. The service operates over UDP at high-bandwidth which can make too much latency, jitter, or packet loss devastating to your experience. Your VPN might be using a different protocol to tunnel the traffic.

To add to this, here are the modem brands/models with the Intel puma 6 chipset.

Arris SB6190
Arris TG1672G
Arris TM1602
Super Hub 3 (Arris TG2492LG) (commonly, Virgin Media)
Hitron CGN3 / CDA / CGNV series modems:
Hitron CDA-32372
Hitron CDE-32372
Hitron CDA3-35
Hitron CGNV4
Hitron CGNM-3552 (commonly, Rogers)
Hitron CGN3 (eg CGN3-ACSMR)
Hitron CGNM-2250 (commonly, Shaw)
Linksys CM3024
Linksys CM3016
TP-Link CR7000
Netgear AC1750 C6300 AC1900
Netgear CM700
Telstra Gateway Max (Netgear AC1900 / C6300) (Australia)
Cisco DPC3848V
Cisco DPC3941B / DPC3941T (commonly, Comcast Xfinity XB3)
Cisco DPC3939
Compal CH7465-LG / Arris TG2492LG (commonly, Virgin Media Hub 3)
Samsung Home Media Server

My router is not the cable type instead a fiber

After the streamer update i can see improvements on the packet loss is down to 0 but the jitter is still unacceptable. My ping also improved from 100+ to 40-60. But is more favorable when i use my vpn in which my ping is fixed to 35 ms. Eventhough with that ping, still i cant play smoothly with LS Setting 1080p at 60 fps due to blurring with in-game video setting set to lowest detail at 1080 coz i think the bandwidth is too low between 10-13 MB. I should have at 19+ MB of bandwith to have a smooth 1080/60. Please work on this. I dont mind paying ur current price plan as long as i can get what i paid for.

The developers are aware of these issues and would like to work on it- but they do need a bit of help. If anyone can please have some recording of the stream from your local system, not within the skycomputer.