SkyBeam (Streamer) Update 3.0

Hi everyone! I wanted to share some news with you revolving around our newest update.

Our streamer code has been rewritten from the ground up to be more scalable and solve some of our biggest bugs. Most issues our users reported were being disguised as networking issues, but as we dug further we were able to identify bugs in the hardware and our streamer code. We’ve begun to measure these closely and realized that we can make significant improvements.

Due to the streamer being new, we expect there may be some bugs associated with it. In order to minimize the number of bugs you might encounter, the streamer update will be rolled out in a few phases starting with Streamer 3.0.

Streamer 3.0

• Packet Loss Enhancements (TCP/UDP auto toggle).
    • Users will be switched between performance mode and stability mode automatically based on their packet loss to improve performance.
  • GPU Priority
    • Fixes some issues with stream stuttering when games run on a loaded GPU. Now the video streamer has priority over the game when using the GPU.
  • Advanced Network Stats
    • When “Show Stats” is toggled, this will show “packet loss” and “jitter” in the HUD on PC. You can find out more about what each of the new stats are here.
  • Frame Capture & Encoding Latency Stats
    • When “Show Stats” is toggled, this will show “capture latency” and “encoding latency” in the HUD on PC.
  • CPU Priority
    • Fixes some issues with stream stuttering when games run on a loaded SkyPC CPU.

Future Updates

• Good/Bad HUD Stats
    • When “Show Stats” is toggled, stats will have (good/bad) next to them to indicate if the results are within a normal threshold.
  • Forward Error Correction (FEC)
    • Fixes some issues with stream tearing (packet loss). Under heavy packet loss (such as WiFi), FEC duplicates data (packets) which are sent. This requires more bandwidth, but will help mitigate loss such as WiFi interference.
  • Network Priority
    • Fixes some issues with stream stuttering when games run on a SkyPC consuming all available bandwidth.
  • Mouse Latency Fix
    • Fixes issues which cause the mouse to have (latency/lag) during high refresh rates (lots of movement).
  • Client Render Latency Fix
    • Reduces latency of PC client by up to 20%.

NVIDIA Driver Update

This update will not include the latest NVIDIA drivers. What we have discovered in testing is that NVIDIA’s licensing servers are brand new and are having trouble scaling which would dramatically reduce the reliability of our service. We are working closely with NVIDIA and hope they will resolve this quickly.

P100s

Unfortunately, we have made the decision to not upgrade our GPUs to the P100s. After extensive testing of the P100 vs the M60 there was minimal to no noticeable benefit to the switching GPUs. We discovered that we have more flexibility with the M60s playing nicely with our current infrastructure over the P100s. We apologize for misleading the community on this upgrade, but given there would be no benefits, we figured it was best to stick with the M60s until NVIDIA or AMD can provide us with something better.

This post will remain open. Please use this thread to provide feedback on the new streamer and updates surrounding it. If you need help, please remember to provide all relevant information (device, connection speed, connection type, data center, etc) along with screen shots if applicable.

LiquidSky Beta Windows Client Patch v0.3.6
LiquidSky Beta Android Patch v0.4.10

do we have to remake our skycomputer to receive this update?

i need the actual apk to download,because in my shield tv full android is not compatible.
please s
where can i get it

For the bare minimum all you’ll need to do is restart your skycomputer (if it’s still running). However this did deploy with a client patch so I’d recommend that one update their client first.

quick question, I remember a thread where it was recommended to set streamer.exe to high priority and to set affinity to 0 cores to improve streaming quality, is this still necessary? It was said that you guys would eventually automate this or something of the sort.

I’m having a lot of trouble connecting. I think the client update messed my connection up. It keeps telling me an error occurred.

Affinity workaround should be baked in. For streamer service I’m not sure.

Haven’t seen any issues personally on my own end- you should be able to connect (even with an error popup).

Me too.I have lots of issue with connection.Android

What datacenter are you connected to? I can try testing with my test account but you’re not alone- have a few users on Discord with issues on the Washington DC datacenter.

I’m having same issues. I can’t connect I keep getting connection error. The problem started literally right after the update. I’m using windows app and on an Jose server.

Give me a moment please as I test- I’ll post back with results.

its not fixed the server are getting masive lag m8 huge latency :frowning: on san jose mabey its the time of day but idk?

Failed to check updates are you connected to the internet

Anyone else click the download link on the website and it takes to broken page? Errors on my end too in London. Haven’t been able to play anything without huge lag and/or disconnections… :frowning:

Testing right now on San Jose but will check London when I can. Able to download just fine on my end- perhaps try restarting your browser?

Can’t connect to San Jose either- I’ve passed this on to staff but it might not be resolved until tomorrow (they do need their rest and it’s taken a while for this patch to be released).

I’m definitely happy that the experience is much smoother now (no sudden “jumps” like before). However, with both 60FPS and Unlimited, I’m getting constant stutters and pixelization, which wasn’t the case before.

Can connect just fine to London just now- no error popups (but it can happen in my experience- just try to reconnect via client main menu).

Yeah im having issues connecting to Washington data center too and I’m on android as well. It just leaves me on the “Your Skycomputer is loading/starting” and just stays there. Also it won’t keep me logged in everytime I leave the app it just logs me out its annoying.

Devs have been made aware. Thanks for the feedback.