Guys, I just want to start off by letting you know that your feedback has been greatly appreciated. We’ve gone through and read through as many posts as we could throughout the weekend. Thank you guys for being so active. Seriously, it helps!
We do want to apologize for any undue stress that was caused by the Friday announcement on the price change and policy update. We try to always have our users’ best interests in mind when making these decisions given the constraints imposed by our investors and partners. We hope that the changes below highlight that fact. We hope that these changes show that we are actively listening to community feedback.
Your thoughts were presented internally and we discussed as a team what we could do to alleviate some of the concerns voiced over the weekend.
Our intention was never to punish our old users, so we’ve come up with the following plan: anyone with SkyCredits before June 1st will continue to burn at 1 SkyCredit/min for Gamer and 2 SkyCredits/min on Pro. Yay! Your burn rate will be “grandfathered” in, so no need to worry. You will be unable to buy the Beginner package until your balance is used. Purchases of Beginner package will be in line with the announcement - $14.99 for 3,000 SkyCredits at a 2/4 burn rate, but only new accounts or accounts with a balance of 0 will have access to purchase this.
Subscriptions will still not have any rollover starting June 1st. This wasn’t something we could change, but we hope that the change of burn rate allows our subscription users some options.
Finally, we’ve done away with the need to make purchase to keep your current SkyCredit balance. Now you will have to have spent 1 SkyCredit between April 1st and July 1st to keep your balance and continue to spend at least 1 SkyCredit every 90 days otherwise your account will be deactivated and SkyCredit balance deleted.
- All SkyCredits purchased before June 1st will burn at 1 SkyCredit/min for Gamer and 2 SkyCredits/min for Pro.
- You will have to run your balance to 0 before you are able to purchase the Beginner package, but the Prestige and Prestige+ plans will still be available should you want to take advantage.
- Beginner package stays the same as per the announcement. ( $14.99 for 3,000 SkyCredits at a 2/4 burn rate)
- No rollover for subscription plans starting June 1st.
- Have to spend 1 SkyCredit every 90 days to keep your balance.
- You have to have spent 1 SkyCredit between April 1st and July 1st to keep your SkyCredit balance and for any rolling 90 day period moving forward.
Please feel free to provide your feedback below. Your input, as always, is valued and helps us with our decision making process.
We will be doing a Q&A livestream with our CEO in the coming weeks. More info on that coming soon!