Something New is Coming

Hi guys! We sent out an email earlier today talking about some upcoming changes to LiquidSky. In case you missed it, here’s the email:

We want to give you a big shout out and thank our community because without your feedback, we wouldn’t have gotten to this point.

We are working on something big and, I can promise you this, it’s going to change the way you game. While we work on this, we are going to be sunsetting our existing beta.

The beta service will officially close on December 17, 2018 at 12:00 PM EST.

Users with recent payments or who have an active subscription will receive a refund for their last payment after December 17. It may take a few days for this to process. If you have any questions, please contact support here. All support requests must be made before December 31, 2018.

Thank you for your ongoing support. I’ll be in touch.

Ian McLoughlin
CEO of LiquidSky

I wanted to go ahead and open an official thread for discussions here. As you can imagine, there’s only so much that we can discuss publicly at this time. All I can say is that the energy in the office is ecstatic. We are all very excited to be moving, in what we feel, is a very positive direction. We will be growing our team in the coming months to help us towards our new goal. Just so much positivity and I’m super excited to be a part of it.

As mentioned, please use this thread for any/all discussions on this topic. Please refrain from rumors or any kind of negative behavior. Thanks and cheers to the future!

Can't login to anything
Account flagged or deactivated
I was removed from liquidsky
Unblock my account pls
Cant buy liquidsky credits
Accounts closed
My account was flagged/deactivated
Stuck in "testing hardware"
When is Liquidsky coming out for Mac?
I can't enter to the LiquidSky Client
Hesap kapandı lütfen yardım

What do you guys mean by “sunsetting”?

Means we will be riding off into the sunset (or shutting down service).

So the service won’t be available anymore. And you will refund subscriber.

What about our credit? Does it mean we will loose it?

Yes, refunds will be issued for your last payment as stated.

SkyCredits themselves have no monetary value, but if you have an issue, reach out to support.

Ok I do understand that SkyCredits have no value. But will you migrate them to whatever exiting project you are working on or just reset the counter?

Thanks it’s a shame. I had the service for more than 2 years it was really good experience.

However yes the business it’s quite competitive right now with other big companies such a google and others wish you the best!

It’s not the same as the service exists currently- it will be something entirely different.

Thanks! The direction we’re moving is really exciting.

Ohhh then looking forward!! :wink:

Hum… I see. So you are saying you will reset the counter. That’s disappointing

The thing is that LiquidSky as you know it won’t exist. It’s going to be something entirely different. A different product. So, there’s nothing to rollover.

Ok. Thanks for the answer. Good luck with the new product.

the new thing exist o existed a couple years ago ?

It doesn’t technically exist yet. We’re going to be hiring and going into “dark mode,” while we push to launch our new product.

All that time I was hoping that Microsoft acquires your talent so that you can help making the Xbox Streaming service great with all your expertise. I hope that you’re not working on a hardware. Xbox, Ps and Switch are enough. Unless it’s Valve that is acquiring you and are working on their own streaming service or Discord. Competition is ridiculous these days and too much of it…I don’t mean to spread any rumors here, it’s just quick calculation as to what could you possibly do that may work in this space.

14k sky credits left :frowning:

Cloud gaming is very competitive right now, lots of new players…and more to come. My guess would be a merger with Windows or Nvidia. LOL

Can’t go into any details about the upcoming product, but I can say that we will continue to utilize our streaming technology.