SteelSeries Stratus XL on Pixelbook?

controller

On my Pixelbook, I just updated my LiquidSky app through the Play Store (pleasant surprise this morning that the apk was detected and compatible in the store).

My SteelSeries Stratus XL is detected in LiquidSky on my Pixel (SkyComputer lists “Controller: Connected”). However, it is not detected in LiquidSky on my Pixelbook (SkyComputer lists “Controller: Not Connected”).

I did some independent research around the SteelSeries Stratus XL on Pixelbook and found conflicting/inconclusive information. Can anyone who’s used the Stratus XL on a Chromebook give me a hand here?

I suggest you use these 2 apps first to see if the controller will connect and work properly with the Pixelbook: (these 2 apps I use personally)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chiarly.gamepad

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.elron.gamepadtester

Thanks for the quick response!

I just tried both of these apps and it looks like the Pixelbook is not reading the inputs at all. I double-checked the Bluetooth device list. It was connected and appropriately identified as gamepad in the Bluetooth device list.

Is there something I can do to troubleshoot this?

I’m really hoping the Stratus XL can be my go-to controller for my Windows PC, Chromebook, and Android phone.

The Pixelbook is still fairy new is it not? Unless you can update the firmware of the device or maybe reach out to the company. Chromebooks are still iffy when connected to controllers.

Yeah, it’s still fairly new. It came out October/November 2017. The Pixelbook’s firmware is up-to-date, as is the Stratus XL’s.

If the Stratus XL isn’t going to be an option for the time-being, do you have a recommendation on another controller for use with Chromebooks?

Just did a Google search, looks like the Stratus XL isn’t going to be an option as many people have similar issues (not just limited to Liquidsky)

I suggest you do some research online or maybe ask the chromebook community on Reddit and ask around, as I don’t want to suggest a controller that may or may not work.