Unable to get an ultra slot

Yesterday it suddenly became seemingly impossible for me to get an ulta slot. Is this due to a sudden increase in demand? Or is this some kind of bug, indicated by another thread?

its not a bug, i too have been having a hard time trying to get into the ultra servers for the pass 2 days, the servers can only hold so many users, that's way LS is trying to open more and more server locations so that doesn't happen

I got an ultra slot earlier today so I guess it's the load that has increased!

There has been a spike in demand and users over the Holiday season, so that is why you were unable to access an Ultra Server at the time.

I am out of here. You know that denying a person who has paid more for your project and refuse access just because you guys sent too many keys is considered fraud? We paid probably all of use the $39.99 and your denying access to the full service? That is definitely fraud and I will not be renewing because of this crap that goes on and you guys just sit around and do nothing but let the money come in.

Did you try a High slot? You sure do like to cry 'fraud' whenever you think you can.

It seems you don't know the meaning of the word: https://www.google.com/search?q=fraud+definition&oq=fraud+definition&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2063j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

1) wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

2) a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

A fraud situation would be if LiquidSky claimed 100% uptime availability to Ultra servers for everyone who wants it.

At most you are not being rendered services paid for which is a whole other thing. Usually the recourse is simply a court order to have the services rendered as paid for or a refund for the services that were not rendered.

This is complicated by the nature of the shared resource infrastructure on which LiquidSky is built but because you still can access Ultra servers, when available, you really have almost no claim at all.

Actually I have had several several times where I can't connect to Ultra AND High leaving myself with nothing to do because my laptop can't handle any good games. Not providing services as said and charging you for those services can be classified as fraud.

All LiquidSky would have to do is prove that they are rendering the services. To whom specifically doesn't matter so long as paying customers are getting their services rendered.

Definitely not fraud - just overloaded servers which all happen to be doing their job.

Yeah I suffered from the load spike as well... the problem is that the business model hasn't been fully realized. Ergo they don't have enough knowledge about usage patterns of different accounts and the load demand for each region.

So for example, they don't know that if they give out 100 new beta keys all of them won't ALL be in the same server zone.

Also they aren't sure yet which area's are going to have significant multi hour users. So people who use the ultimate package and play for 10 to 12 hours a day might all statistically be in the same region as well.

Ultimately as part of the service offering much like other systems of this type they will have some way to guarantee people who want to pay extra will get on regardless of the load of the lower cost subscribers.

Offering not to renew is one way to try to influence their decisions and prioritize things that you would like over what may be perceived as market driven. What ISN'T helpful is threats or non constructive interactions.

I won't go into a great detail but it's fairly clear you didn't read the Terms of Service or the EULA you signed when using this service. If you had you would know that the service is classified as beta and paying customers are doing so AT THEIR OWN RISK.

So as it is beta there is going to be situations that are not ideal and cause service performance or outages. This is the risk we take for paying and avoiding the 100k+ users waiting for free keys.

It's not ideal no, there is also no competition, this is also the first attempt of anything like this.

In that regard the platform is an unmitigated success.

I do however really share your frustration over the holidays of having no gaming... which is why I have my xbox one as a backup :slight_smile: